THE OFFICIAL KICK OFF TO WINTER
Alright, sledders, get ready to kick winter off with a bang, because we’re diving headfirst into the wild ride that is the Hay Days snowmobile show!
This isn’t your average snowmobile show; it’s a full-throttle, heart-pounding party that shouts, “Winter, we’re coming for ya!” So, buckle up, grab your hot cocoa (or something stronger), and let’s dive into everything Hay Days!
HOW TO FIND DEVIANT INK AT HAY DAYS
Come hang out with us at Hay Days! We’ll be at booths FH6-7 between the TOBE and KLIM end caps.
See the zoomed in map below + watch the video below that walks you to our booth!
View this post on Instagram
WHEN IS HAY DAYS?
The 2023 Sno-Barons Hay Days show kicks off on Saturday September 9th & 10th.
Gates open at 7AM on both days and run until 5PM.
HAY DAYS TICKETS
Buy in Advance:
- $30 for both Saturday & Sunday
- $15 Sunday only pass
Buy on site:
- $40 for both Saturday & Sunday
- $20 Sunday only pass
HAY DAYS LOCATION 2023
The address for Hay Days:
38740 Oriole Avenue
North Branch, MN 55056
From the South: Minneapolis or St. Paul (Preferred Route)
- Go North on I-35 to the Stacy exit 139.
- Turn RIGHT on County Road 19 and go about 1/2 mile to County Road 30.
- At the stop sign, turn LEFT on County Road 30 and go for 1.4 miles to County Road 18.
- At County Road 18 turn RIGHT and go for 4.5 miles to County Road 14.
- At County Road 14 turn RIGHT and go for .9 miles to County Road 11 (Old County 15).
- At County Road 11 (Old County 15) turn LEFT and go for 5.5 miles to County Road 70.
- At County Road 70 turn LEFT and go 1 mile to Haydays
From the North: Hinckley or Duluth
- Go South on I-35 to the Harris exit 152.
- Turn LEFT on County Road 10 and go east about 1/2 mile.
- At the RR tracks/stop, turn LEFT an County Road 30 and go 3 blocks.
- At County Road 9 turn RIGHT and go for about 11 miles. You will go through the town of Sunrise and cross Highway 95
- At County Road 11 (Old County 15) turn LEFT and go for about 2 miles
- At County Road 70 turn LEFT and go about 1 mile to Haydays
From the East: St. Croix Falls, WI or Taylors Falls, MN
- Take highway 95 west to Almelund, MN.
- At Almelund, turn LEFT an County Road 11 (Old County 15) and go about 1.5 miles.
- At County Road 70 turn RIGHT and go about 1 mile to Haydays
From the West: North Branch, Cambridge or Princeton, MN
- The Sno-Barons do not recommend using Highway 95 East through North Branch to the event. However if you do, please be very patient and courteous.
HAY DAYS GRASS DRAGS
The 1966 Hay Days Tradition
Get ready for some heart-pounding action brought to you by Velocity Race Management, the kings of snowmobile drag racing. We’re thrilled to announce the fastest snowmobiles on the planet, right here at the legendary Hay Days track. This is where the world’s top champions will be crowned!
People from all corners of North America gather here to vie for the juiciest prize in snowmobile drag racing. But if you’re looking for the real thrill, look no further than the Outlaw class. These beasts boast a mind-blowing 1000 horsepower, thanks to turbocharging, supercharging, or nitrous oxide. They’ll cover 500 feet in less than 3.5 seconds, hitting speeds of over 150 miles per hour. And believe it or not, these speed demons cost over a whopping $100,000 to build!
For those who like their sleds a little less insane but still lightning-fast, check out the Pro Xtreme class. They pack a respectable 600 horsepower, all from a single 55mm turbocharger. It’s one of the hottest categories in drag racing right now.
And don’t forget about the other thrilling classes on display, including Stock, Improved Stock, Pro Stock, and Pro Modified. It’s going to be a wild ride, folks!
So, let’s rewind the clock to November 1967 for a sec. That’s when the very first race went down at the Golden T, which nowadays goes by the name Majestic Oaks Golf Club. Back in those days, the whole shebang happened in just one afternoon, and they called it the “Hay Day” race.
But, you know how things go with time and development. During the wild ’70s, the race had to pack its bags and find new homes all around the place. Like, they set up shop at Nelson Farms in Blaine, Minnesota, for a spell. Then, there was a spot near Rapid Sport Center on Hwy 65 in Blaine, going by the name Wyatt Brothers Sports.
But, wouldn’t you know it, development kept pushing them around. Next stop, Columbus, Minnesota. Fast forward to 2010, and the race had grown so big that the neighborhood just couldn’t handle it anymore. So, they had to relocate once more, and this time they snagged their own piece of land in Sunrise Township, Chisago County, MN. That’s where HAYDAYS is kicking it today, about 7 miles east of North Branch, MN.
HAY DAYS CAMPING
Please see the map above for the local neighbor’s camping locations.
Chicken Coop Camping [Contact Alice or Arlan: 651/410-2000]
Racers Edge North Camping [Contact Michelle Waletzko: 651/434-9226]
- Wild River State Park [5 miles]
- Wildwood RV and Campground [10 miles]
- Camp Waub-O-Jeeg [12 miles]
- InterState State Park [13 miles]
- Kozy Oaks [14 miles]
- Country Camping [31 miles]
HAY DAYS VENDOR LIST
DEVIANT INK LOCATION:
In case you missed it above, Deviant Ink is located at booths FH6-7 between the TOBE and KLIM end caps near the food vendors.
HAY DAYS SCHEDULE